Services provided by VITA at Virginia Law and CASH at Madison House are free.
VITA at Virginia Law, CASH at Madison House:
- Cost of preparing returns (federal and state): Free
- Cost of e-filing returns: Free
- No Refund Anticipation Loan (RAL)
- All tax preparers have passed at least two IRS certification exams
- Receive 100% of the refund to which you are entitled (if you are entitled to a refund)
- 5-10 business days to receive refund with e-filing and direct deposit (longer for paper check)
- No fees to receive your refund
Wait & Save
By waiting just a few days in January and having your taxes prepared for free by us, you save between $129 and $473+. That's like working up to 65 hours - or 8 full-time days - at Virginia's minimum wage.
What a Paid Preparer Will Cost You1
What a Refund Anticipation Loan (RAL) Will Cost You2
- VERSUS -
What We Will Cost You
1 Based on average cost nationally or the southeast region of the United States; National Society of Accountants, 2010 Fee Study Summary.
2 Source: Consumer Federation of America & National Consumer Law Center, Refund Anticipation Loans: Facts & Figures (2006).
2 Within the scope of the VITA program and taxpayer requirements.